In this week's recap I thank Rhea and the others who helped save the term "SEO" from being trademarked. Matt Cutts was interviewed by Eric Enge and he uncovered a nice amount of information, including PageRank information. A poll we published show only 13% felt Google PageRank was "very important." Some are speculating that the Caffeine index is now live. Google has more pornography issues that they had to deal with. Google opened up the "Google certified ad network" to all AdSense publishers. Google asks publishers if they would show pharmacy and alcohol ads. Ask Sponsored Listings is now hiding referrers. Google and Viacom go it in court over YouTube. SES NY is next week, we will be covering 41 sessions. In our logo roundups, Google showed the wrong colors on Hungary National Day. I also showed you the logos from St. Patrick's Day and Google's Pi Day logo. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion:
- SEOs Continue To Dissect Eric Enge's Interview of Google's Matt Cutts
- 301 Redirects Do Not Pass Full PageRank & Link Value
- Only 13% Say Google PageRank is "Very Important"
- More Google Caffeine Speculation : Is It Almost Live?
- Google Opens 3rd Party Ad Networks To All AdSense Publishers
- Google Polling AdSense Publishers on Showing Pharmacy Ads
Ask Sponsored Listings:
- Google Hungary Shows Italy's Colors On Hungary's National Day
- St. Patrick's Day Logos from Google, Yahoo, Bing & Others
- Pi Day Logo from Google, DogPile Does Day Light Savings Time