If you login to your Google AdWords account and visit the billing summary page, under "my account," you will notice that the page looks different. Google's FAQ page says they have updated the page for three reasons, "transparency, flexibility, and performance."
The new billing page looks like this:
The old billing page, taken from here, looked like this:
The main changes are:
- Advertising costs are broken out by day
- One invoice is created at the beginning of each month showing all advertising costs and payments from the previous month
- Highlights were added at the top of the rows showing balance or next bill date, your last payment info and your payment methods.
- Costs are broken down by day
- Overdelivery credits are clearly displayed now
- Your running balance is clearer
- Better and more flexible date range options
- Collapsible totals feature for monthly views
- New filter by charges, payments, adjustments, and taxes
- A break out by Offline ad views (like print or tv ads)
- Monthly invoice print option
- Speed was improved
- Faster updates, from six hours to less than an hour.
There were more changes, but this is a major change to the AdWords Billing Summary page.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.