The article highlights obstacles that get in the way of efficient outsourced SEO:
- SEO/SEM campaigns are time intensive.
- SEM requires dedication.
- SEM is very competitive and the market drives costs up.
- Successful SEM campaigns demand accurate tracking and analysis of effectiveness.
- In-house SEM programs often are unaware of search engine policies.
- In-house SEM programs do not have support.
But forum members believe that there are advantages to in-house SEO, such as keeping confidential information confidential, having more insight into the industry to which the marketing is being performed, and having internal control of the people within the company for whom the responsibilities lie.
Having someone in house provides a dedicated resource and know-how for any search marketing campaign. Being able to hire someone solely for the job of search marketing is very effective.
Forum discussion continues at Search Engine Watch Forums.