IE Error With Google AdWords Billing Tab

Dec 20, 2011 • 8:29 am | comments (7) by twitter Google+ | Filed Under Google AdWords
 

AdWords LogoThere are many many complaints in the Google AdWords Help forums from Internet Explorer users who are seeing errors when trying to access the billing tab within the AdWords console.

The error reads:

Error: Possible problem with your *gwt.xml module file. The compile time user agent value IE 8 does not match the run time user agent value IE 9.

Z from the Google AdWords team said this is a known issue and if you want it resolved, the steps you can take now include:

1. Clear your cache and cookies: https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14776

2. Set security settings: https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14776

3. Use a different browser, for instance you you can try free Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome

There is no ETA for a fix on Google's side.

Forum discussion at Google AdWords Help.

Previous story: Google Webmaster Team: How Can We Do Better?
 

Comments:

David Gerecht

12/21/2011 12:30 pm

I also have a problem, but not from IE. In AdWords it shows that I spent $431 this month on one campaign. In Analytics it shows that for the same date range and campaign, I spent £431! I wouldn't care too much but the client has access to Analytics...

Ciaran

12/21/2011 03:00 pm

Hi David,  Your AdWords account is set to USD and your Analytics is set to GBP. The things is, your Analytics account needs to be set to USD.  The price you want to be using is the one listed in your AdWords account. Analytics only tracks data. There is no billing platform on Analytics. It's simply importing the figure and using the currency you set in Analytics. Use this link to change the currency in your Analytics account. http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1010249  Hope this helps ;) Ciaran.

Damon Gochneaur

01/04/2012 08:18 pm

Just had a client call me with this issue.  Apparently, still not resolved. 

Lic Of Ind

03/29/2012 11:38 pm

  out of logic my keyword as " latest news hyderabad" for my campaign 1 gives a status message as my bid rate of Rs.26.80 is below the first page bid estimate of Rs.34.05,  very interestingly and very surprisingly, the very same keyword " latest news hyderabad" for my campaign 2 gives a status message as my bid rate of Rs.46.65, is below the first page bid estimate of Rs.81. how there could be two different first page bid estimates, with such a huge difference in amount for the SAME KEYWORD.

Rick

04/16/2012 05:58 pm

To call this a ligitimate issue is absurd. Google has recognized the potential for this "error" and engineered this problem to have people move toward Google Chrome as a result. Microsoft needs to recognize this blatent move by Google and correct the issue on their end. Microsoft is making a mistake by not sending an update that will take their people 3 minutes to package and spit out.

Ciaran

04/16/2012 06:28 pm

 Rick, that's insane. IE is probably the worst web browser there is. It has too many flaws. Use firefox instead or Opera. If this was some scheme then adwords would only work with Google chrome.

Ciaran

04/16/2012 06:30 pm

 Same keywords, but both have their own performance. Unless the impr and clicks are the same, it's not unusual. Each keyword has it's price based on performance etc etc.

blog comments powered by Disqus