This week at the Search Engine Roundtable was a bit slow for the holidays, just a reminder, I'll be in Israel next week for SMX Israel. Google's Matt Cutts said links from within press releases won't help your rankings. Google is now showing field testers their hotel reservations, orders and event tickets in the search results if they match in Gmail. Google Mobile is testing a "Quick View" button. Google lets you block your robots.txt file in the search results. Google's image exclusion feature is a bit picky. Google's external moments of culture were documented by Cutts. Googlers were spotted working on Christmas day, such as Cutts and Mueller. We had almost a thousand comments on our Google Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas logo post. I also posted all the holiday logos and showed how Yahoo didn't have one this year. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Cutts: Links From Press Releases Won't Help
- Google Now Shows Your Reservations, Orders & Tickets In Search Results
- Google Mobile With Blue "Quick View" Button
- Blocking Your Robots.txt In Google's Search Results
- Searchers Can't Exclude Keywords From Google Image Search
- The Moments That Made Google's Culture
- Google's Cutts & Mueller Helping Webmasters On Christmas
- Google's Happy Holidays Logo Hurtful To Christians?
- 2012 Christmas Logos From Search Industry