Very busy week in search, so my video is about eleven and a half minutes long - I apologize but I think I sound good in this video. Google launched a new Webmaster Tools feature for viewing your manual spam actions. With that, Google released 9 videos and 11 help documents on these manual actions. I posted the monthly Google webmaster report, so don't miss that. Google told us the links in webmaster tools is enough but is it really? Google said don't worry about removing links too much, just use the disavow. Google said they fight spam in 40 or so countries. Apple with iOS 7 is now reporting referrer data from Google. Moz released their local SEO ranking factors. Google Maps app has a new ad format, be careful on those CPCs. Google released an iOS and Android app for publishers. Google AdSense will now detail policy violations. Google AdWords now has five new conversion metrics. Google enhanced campaigns upgrades seem to have turned off ads for some users. Facebook Graph Search is now available to all US users. Yahoo is changing their logo in 30 days. I also share some news on a Google Glass app we built named JewGlass. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Webmaster Tools Shows Your Manual Spam Actions
- All Of Google's Manual Actions For Search Spam
- August 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- Google In-Depth Articles Goes Live, Here Is How To Be Included
- Google Said Webmaster Tools Links Is Enough But It Is Not!
- Google's Matt Cutts: Don't Worry About Bad Links, Just Disavow Them
- Google: We Fight Spam All Around The World But English Spam Gets More Attention
- Google Not Provided Over 70% With Apple iOS Passing More Referrer Data
- 2013 Local SEO Ranking Factors Released
- Google Maps App Revises Ads & Charges On Swipe But Not Click Through
- Google AdSense iOS App Now Available
- Google AdSense To Detail Policy Violations Going Forward
- Google AdWords Adds More Conversion Reporting Metrics
- Beware: Google AdWord Enhanced Campaign Bug Turns Off Video Ads
- All US Facebook Now Have Graph Search
- Yahoo's Logo Is Changing, As The Company Changes
- Search Without Searching With Google Glass: JewGlass Example