This week in search, we reported a possible small Google update. Google's Matt Cutts was targeted in a black hat spam payday loan mockery. However, many black hatters admitted defeat by Google's latest algorithm update. Google's Matt Cutts said stock images have no impact on rankings today. Google changed the language of the ranking article saying it isn't about links but usefulness and shares. A webmaster said Google's Panda algorithm has hit good content too hard. Google's health search results are scarring webmasters. Google updated their knowledge graph carousel. Google fixed the links report but this morning. Google dropped my authorship from the search results. Google AdWords now allows you to edit your sitelinks description. Google AdSense launched a score card on their 10th birthday and posted a pong game. We posted logos for father's day from Google, Bing, Baidu and others. Plus today is the first day of Summer or Winter, depending on where you are. That is the past week in search from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Search May Be Updating...
- Black Hats Mock Google's Matt Cutts With Payday Loan Hack
- Search Spammers Admit Defeat After Spam Algorithm But Vow To Return
- Matt Cutts: Stock Images Currently Don't Impact Rankings But We'll Look Into It
- Google Language Change: Content That Gets Used & Shared, Not Linked To.
- Webmaster: "Good Content Has Never Been Hit So Hard" By Google
- Google Health Related Search Results, Can You Find Them?
- Updated Google Knowledge Graph Carousel
- Google Fixes Links Report In Webmaster Tools
- Google, Am I That Ugly? Google Drops My Face From Authorship
- Now Control Your Google AdWords Sitelinks Descriptions
- Official Google AdSense Score Card
- Google AdSense 10 Years Old: Which Was Your Best Year?
- Did You See The AdSense Pong Game?
- Happy Father's Day 2013 From Google, Bing But Not Yahoo
- Google Gets Summer Solstice 2013 Right But First Day of Winter Wrong