This week I published the monthly Google Webmaster report, where you can catch up on all Google SEO and webmaster related topics in one single story. Google may have done a search update on June 5th. Google's Matt Cutts said they hit Text Link Ads a few weeks ago. Google Webmaster Tools is enough for link builders (removers) to work with for disavow purposes. Google's Matt Cutts said they may find ways to use rel=author for search quality purposes. Google said even sites that are heavily moderator may be penalized by Panda? Cutts again said negative SEO is very rare. Google launched a new rich snippet generation tool. Bing turned four years old and may have updated their search algorithms. Yahoo redesigned their search results design. Yandex launched Islands, a new interactive snippet concept. Google added nutritional facts to the knowledge graph. Finally, Google is now beta testing image ad extensions in AdWords. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- June 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- A Google Update Kicking Into Gear Now?
- Google's Matt Cutts: Text Link Ads Link Sellers Targeted
- Have Links To Disavow? Google Says Google Webmaster Tools Link Report Is Enough?
- Google's Matt Cutts Says Rel=Author Can Help Search Quality
- Google: Your UGC Content May Have Triggered Panda
- Google's Matt Cutts: Negative SEO Extremely Rare
- Google (Rich Snippets) Structured Data Markup Helper Tool
- Bing Turns 4: Was There A Search Update?
- Yahoo Search Redesign Live
- Yandex Islands: Interactive Snippets: A Webmasters Worst Nightmare?
- Google Knowledge Graph Adds Nutritional Information
- Google AdWords Now With Images: Image Ad Extensions