This week in search, Google has finally given us an update on the status of the Penguin 4.0 update - it is closer and hopefully not too far away. Google said mobile page speed is coming to the mobile friendly algorithm in months. Google launched a new tool to combine page speed scores and mobile friendly scores in one. Google rich snippets are updated as soon as Google crawls your structured markup. Google doesn’t care if you use underscores or hyphens. Google says faceted navigation SEO advice is tricky. Google explained the info command gives you the canonical version of your site in Google. Google is showing promotional schema markup in the snippets? Google Now on Tap gets way cooler with camera and photo integrations. Google Now can show you indoor maps and local inventory when you enter a store. Google is sending free Chromebooks to some businesses? Facebook is looking to hire a top notch SEO. Zineb from Google won a SEMY award at SMX France and also has left the Webmaster Trends Analyst team to work with the conversation search team. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Status Update On Penguin: It's Closer & Hopeful Not Too Far Off
- Google To Use Mobile Page Speed In Mobile Friendly Ranking Algorithm Soonish
- Google's New Simple Tool For Mobile Friendliness & Page Speed
- Google: Schema & Rich Snippets Updates Immediately After Recrawl & Index
- Google: We Don't Care About Underscores Vs. Dashes In URLs
- Google: What Faceted Navigation Should You Show Google To Index
- Google: Info Command Will Show You The Canonical Version In Google's Index
- Google Showing Promotion Schema In Rich Snippets, Really?
- Google Now On Tap Adds Specific Text Areas, Photos & Camera
- Google Now Notification For Indoor Map, Store Inventory, Return Policies & Coupons
- Google Sending Some Advertisers Chromebooks For Free?
- Facebook Is Looking To Hire A Highly Qualified SEO
- Zineb Ait Bahajji Leaves Google's Webmaster Trends Analysts Team & Wins SEMY Award