This week, I cover a lot of unconfirmed rumors about a possible Google update in the search results. I also do the monthly Google webmaster report, to catch you up on the past 30-days. The exact match domineers are noticing changes in Google as well. Google's Matt Cutts said just because we have a patent, it doesn't mean it is used in the algorithm. Why doesn't Google show results in both the news and organic index? Yahoo has renewed their search deal with Microsoft, but they didn't seem happy about it. Google Maps may be launching a new and cool maps interface. Finally, Google had a Doodle for Saul Bass. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Update Brewing? May 2013
- A Google Update Is Happening (Working On Confirmation)
- May 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- Exact Match Domainers: Are You Switching Or Improving?
- Google's Cutts Say Search Flux Not Meant To Trick SEOs?
- Google News Will Index My Content But Not Organic Search?
- Yahoo Begrudgingly Renews Search Partnership With Microsoft
- Google Maps To Get Shiny New Look & Feel
- Google Logo For Saul Bass, The Designer