Busy week in search this week and to end the week, we celebrate the one year anniversary of the Google Panda update. 87% of those impacted have yet to fully recover from Panda but search quality seems better overall. Google is shutting down the AdSense for Domains hosted version, but they should probably shut it all down. Google is running simulated experiments on AdSense accounts and giving specific advice based on those experiments. Google is now supporting video schema.org rich snippet markup. Google is showing third party rich snippets on band listings. Google recommends mobile SEO is easier with one URL and a dynamic style sheet. Google AdSense publishers with mobile banners need to update their code. Microsoft adCenter dishes out heavy penalties for disallowed characters. Google Images adds image previews for related search results. Google Images strict Safesearch filter doesn't block sex and nudity anymore. Scroogle is completely offline and not coming back, says owner. Dilbert called SEOs weasels, criminals and they corrupt industries. Google didn't have a President's Day logo but had a logo for Hertz. Microsoft and Ask.com and Dogpile had logos for President's Day. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda Now A Year Old But Only 13% Fully Recovered
- Google Shutting Down AdSense For Domains
- Google AdSense Earning Predictions Based On Simulated Experiments
- Video Rich Snippet Markup With Schema.org Now Preferred By Google
- Confirmed: Concert Rich Snippets Showing In Search Results
- Google: One URL With Special Stylesheet Is Easy Mobile SEO
- Mobile AdSense Publishers Need To Update Ad Code By May 1, 2012
- Microsoft adCenter Giving "Maximum QBR Penalty" For "Disallowed Characters"
- Google Images Adds Related Image Previews
- Google Now Allowing Searches For Sex On Strict SafeSearch
- Scroogle Shuts Down For Good
- Dilbert Cartoon Says SEOs Corrupt Industries
- No Google Logo For President's Day But Bing Has An Awesome Theme
- Are The Waves Wrong On The Hertz Google Logo?