This week, we cover the major news that Google is now penalizing sites for having too many ads on their pages - yea, a bit hypocritical. Google blacked out their logo for SOPA but Bing and Yahoo did not. Google even slowed down their spider, GoogleBot, to protect these sites. Google listed out SEO considerations for clacking out your site. Google expanded their hacked sites feature for search results. Google AdWords added up to a hundred automated rules with an undo feature. Google updated their impression share metrics algorithm and is adding it to the ad group level. We have a post on the 2012 link building tools. Yahoo's Jerry Yang resigned from Yahoo this week. Google announced earnings which also had paid clicks and CPC changes. Google had a logo for Martin Luther King day. SMX Israel was this past Sunday and I posted the big recap. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Page Layout Algorithm & Penalty
- Google Acts For SOPA But Bing & Yahoo Don't
- GoogleBot Slows Down For SOPA
- GoogleBot Completely Stop Crawling Yesterday For SOPA?
- SEO Considerations For SOPA Website Blackouts
- Google Expands Hacked Sites Label In Search Results
- Google AdWords Now With 100 Automated Rules & Undo Option
- AdWords Impression Share Metrics Algorithm Update & Ad Group Level
- 2012 Link Building Tools
- Yahoo's Co-Founder, Jerry Yang, Resigns
- Advertisers Also Upset With Google's Q4 2011 Earnings Report
- 2012 Martin Luther King Google Doodle
- A Successful SMX Israel 2012