Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 20, 2012
This week, we cover the major news that Google is now penalizing sites for having too many ads on their pages - yea, a bit hypocritical. Google blacked out their logo for SOPA but Bing and Yahoo did not. Google even slowed down their spider, GoogleBot...
- Google Page Layout Algorithm & Penalty
Google announced a new algorithm change that looks at your page layout and if the ads above the fold are excessive, your site can be penalized and downgraded in the search results...
- Advertisers Also Upset With Google's Q4 2011 Earnings Report
Google announced their fourth quarter earnings for the 2011 year and it really didn't make wall street all that happy. Their stock sunk almost 10% in after hours trading...
- Google Expands Hacked Sites Label In Search Results
A year ago, Google began labeling hacked sites and sites with malware as sites that may compromised in the search results snippets. Yesterday...
- Google Latitude For Desktop Updated
I rarely ever use Google Latitude, although I do use Foursquare, so when Google announces new changes to Google Latitude, I am not always a 100% sure what is new and what is not...
- Google+ With 90 Million + Users
Google+ lead, Vic Gundotra posted a picture of a person holding a business card saying Google+ has over 90 million people. Google announced this number in last night's earnings report. The number is
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Apple Launches iBooks 2 Textbooks for iPad: Now Anyone Can Be An Author, WebmasterWorld
- Facebook Launches Apps For Timeline, WebmasterWorld
- See how #Google users may experience your #website; an…, Kaspar Szymanski - Google+
- Will Using Anchor Links With The Full URL Cause Problems For googlebot, WebmasterWorld
- Google AdWords Display Network: Contextual Targeting Tool - Share your best practices and successful strategies, Google AdWords Help