Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- December 2012 Google Webmaster Report
Here is the final Google Webmaster report for this month - where I summarize the past month's most important Google webmaster related topics we covered and give you an update on what is going on in the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread...
- Only 3% Of Google Webmaster Tools Notifications Are Link Related
In a video answer from Google's Matt Cutts he explained that of the 700,000 messages Google sent out to webmaster via Google Webmaster Tools in the first two months of the year...
- Google: Invalid URLs Generally Don't Hurt Your Rankings
A busy thread at Google Webmaster Help has one webmaster asking if a large number of broken links that are found internally can have a negative impact on your Google rankings...
- Google AdSense Brings Arrows To All Ads
In September, Google added blue arrows to AdSense mobile ad units. They stuck around and publishers learned to enjoy the large blue call to action on their ads. Now Google is bringing a similar arrow to the desktop based Google AdSense ads.
- How To Report Offensive Images In Google
Often I will see complaints in the Google Web Search Help forums of searchers who stumble on inappropriate images while searching for non-inappropriate terms in Google Image Search...
- Ping Pong Google+ Hangout
Google's Patrick Heneghan posted a picture of Googlers playing virtual Ping Pong in real life on Google+. The funny part is, they are playing virtual ping pong in on a real ping pong table next to ea
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google keeps reloading on iPhone, Google Web Search Help
- high ranking image completely disappears from image SERP for one keyword, what could cause this?, Google Webmaster Help
- Penguin and Pagerank, WebmasterWorld