Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Panda Goes Beyond Content Farms
We have written a tremendous number of stories on the Google Panda update - a tremendous. So stating that Google's Panda update goes well beyond targeting content farms is likely obvious to many but it is an important note...
- Are Big Brand Publishers Abusing Google News?
A WebmasterWorld and Google News Help thread has discussion around Google News being gamed by big brand publishers and media outlets...
- Fetch As GoogleBot Failure Reports
A Google Webmaster Help thread has several webmasters complaining that the fetch as GoogleBot feature is not working. I should note it works fine for me, but several webmasters are saying that when they run it...
- Google Music Now Serious iTunes Competitor?
Google hosted a big music event yesterday to announce the new Google Music features. In short they include: Discover Music Purchase Music Share Music via Google + Listen to Music Prior...
- Old Google AdSense Interface Now Gone
As expected, Google has finally and officially retired the old Google AdSense interface for the new one that rolled out two years ago. Now when you login to the Google AdSense console...
- Android Themed Wedding
I thought my marriage proposal was geeky but this totally tops that. +Vanessa Kenworthy and +Rhys Kenworthy had an Android themed wedding ceremony. Besides for everything being green, they had the
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google holds back Organic keyword data in Analytics – lobotomising the marketer!, Sphinn
- AdWords Editor 9.5 Experts Discussion, Google AdWords Help
- Google Finance News is having problem today?, Google News Help
- New YouTube Tests, Google Blogoscoped Forum