Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Panda 2.5 Reversed Or Updated
So the Panda 2.5 update was pushed out by Google on September 28th and then on October 4/5th, Google promised tweaks and some site's hit, confirmed being back and recovered fully. SearchMetrics reports that 10 of the 30 sites they reported being hit...
- Matt Cutts Provides Support For Banned Site at HackerNews
Many of us know, Google's Matt Cutts latest online hangout is HackerNews, oh, and yes, Google +. I often see Matt Cutts, the head of the Google webspam team, responding to Google complaints at HackerNews and I don't always point them out...
- The Google Gumby Logo
Today is the 90th birthday of the late Art Clokey, most well known as the inventor of Gumby. To remember Art Clokey for his work as a animator and director and for creating the incredibly popular Gumby, Google has a special Gumby logo today on most Google properties.
- Bug: Google Maps House Numbers Go Missing
There are several reports in the Google Maps Help forums that all of a sudden, the house numbers listed on Google Maps are now gone. This seems to only affect some countries, not the U.S. and others but countries like Austria, Germany...
- Google Author Attribute Now Live For Many Sites
Many webmasters, like me, added the authorship rich snippet code to their sites within a week of Google announcing it. Since then, many have complained that the rich snippet didn't show in the search results...
- Cam Meadows & Brett Crosby At Google
HangoutParty.com's Cam Meadows paid a visit to Google and Brett Crosby of Google spotted him there and took a picture and posted it on Google +. Who is Cam Meadows? He is one of the founders of Hang.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Did Google change the way related links work?, WebmasterWorld
- How I Found 400 Qualified Link Prospects In Eight Minutes, Sphinn
- How to Optimize 7 Popular Social Media Profiles for SEO, Sphinn
- Legality of Automated Outreach for SEO, Sphinn
- Offensive bolded results, Google Web Search Help
- Twitter's t.co URL Wrapper Will Eventually Handle All Links, WebmasterWorld
- yahoo serps - temporary boost in traffic, WebmasterWorld
- Has Panda signaled the end of SEO?, WebmasterWorld