Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- October 2011 Google Webmaster Report
The key things in the thread include more discussions around Panda, and we know there was a Panda 2.5 update, typical flux talks, more links being reported in Webmaster Tools, more related searches on Google's search results and more indexed pages for sites as a site command search. That is the bulk of the discussion in the thread.
- Google & Bing See Canonical Tags Differently
Nick Roshon has an excellent post on the difference between how Google & Bing handle the canonical tag...
- Google AdWords At Bottom Of Search Results
A WebmasterWorld thread is reporting additional sightings of AdWords ads at the bottom of the Google search results page. We have seen reports of this a year ago in 2010 and also back in 2008 and 2005. And now the reports are back and some searchers are seeing ads under the search results...
- Google AdSense Gives Design Update To Link Units
Google AdSense announced they have updated the design for the link units and landing pages that those link units end up on. In short, the link units are now easier to read...
- Google + Rep Also Is A Roller Durby Girl
Google + gives you new insight into people you follow online but never have met. Google's Jenny Murphy, who is known currently for developer relations, specifically with the Google + project is also
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing daily deals, WebmasterWorld
- Five-Step Strategy For Solving SEO Pagination Problems, Sphinn
- Have you started using Ad Extensions? If not, why? Do you need help? Where? Post here and we can help you., Google AdWords Help
- Report: Twitter and Twittad 'Tweet' Trademark Settlement, WebmasterWorld