Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- October 2013 Google Webmaster Report
I am a bit late on the monthly Google Webmaster Report recap that I provide every month - but I am going to blame a very busy early of the month. We had the release of the Google Penguin 2.1 algorithm...
- Google On Original Content Related To Product Descriptions
Original and unique content is always something Google says is a very important aspect of ranking and providing value...
- Easter Egg: Google's Search Results In 1998
A couple weeks ago, Google's Matt Cutts shared on Google+ a way to see the old 1998 search results on Google. Google made this easter egg on their 15th birthday to show people how far Google has come...
- SEO For Google's Bacon Number
I spotted a thread at the Google Web Search Help forums, where one searcher was sad to notice that his name didn't come up in Google's Bacon Number results for being on the Price is Right with Drew Carey...
- Google Transit Directions Added To XE10 Release
Google announced on Google+ a new update to the Google Glass software codenamed XE10. I got the update last night and this is one of the most limited updates Google released for Glass in a while. But.....
- Googley Patio
Here is a picture of the patio at Google's Ann Arbor office taken by Google's Josh Estelle. Josh works on the Google Translate team. He snapped the picture and posted it on Google+ saying, "pretty s
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing Maps SDK For Windows Store Apps Updated, WebmasterWorld
- How is Google getting it so wrong? 5hour old domain ranking #1 - via @websitesaleslab, inbound.org
- Looking for ways to improve your AdSense for search…, Google AdSense - Google+
- Penguin 2.1— feel like I understand it pretty well (at least how it affected my site), blackhatworld.com