Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Poll: Did You Get Fired Or Lose Your Job Because Of Google Panda?
A Google Webmaster Help thread asks how many people have lost their jobs due to the Google Panda algorithm change. As you know by now, Panda 2.5 hit last week and sites that may have recovered may have just lost all that recovery...
- Helicopter View Added To Google Maps
Google added some new design and feature elements to Google Maps. Helicopter View is one of the cool features Google added last week. It basically flies you through your driving directions...
- Real Time Google Analytics
Google announced a cool new feature to Google Analytics to show real time statistics. Google launched "Google Analytics Real-Time: a set of new reports that show what's happening on your site as it happens."
- Google Panda 2.5 Update
Earlier last week, Google pushed out an update to the Google Panda algorithm. I didn't see it before going offline for the holiday but Google confirmed the update based on a WebProNews story featuring DaniWeb getting hit again by the update...
- Picture Of Google Wallet
A picture of Google Wallet being used at the Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco, California. The picture was taken by jdong and posted on Flickr the other day.
- Verified YouTube Users Can Now Upload Beyond 15 Minutes
Today, I am offline, so no video recap from me today. I scheduled this post in advanced, so people have something to read and yes...
- Google Keeps Images You Upload To Google Search By Image
Google's search by image feature is pretty cool, even though sometimes it confuses me with a porn star. A user asked in a Google Web Search Help thread, what does Google do with the images you upload to the search by image feature?
- Some Worry & Some Don't - Go Figure
Earlier this month, we polled our readers asking how worried are you about link spammers...
- Are Search Query Defined Dynamic Headlines Allowed?
There is an excellent thread at HighRankings Forum asking if it would be acceptable to change the page's headline based off the search query the user came from via the search engine. For example, someone goes to Google...
- Yahoo's Future - Hope Not
Truth be told, this picture is from last Halloween from Yahoo Mexico but figured it might make sense to post now. Is this Yahoo's future? This was posted by hobbes3000 on Flickr a while back.
- Results: Type Of Sites Hit Hardest By Google's Panda Update
A few months ago we asked you to take our poll on the types of sites hurt most by Panda and I wanted to now share those results with you. We had over 200 responses and affiliate, e-commerce and how to sites were the ones that lead the pack.
- Can Google Index Disqus Comments? No But Here Is How.
Personally, one of my favorite features on my site is the commenting, which is powered by Disqus...
- Google Places Ads: Preferred Google Vendors?
A WebmasterWorld thread points out something that appears somewhat new, Google ads that have google.com destination URLs that read preferred-vendors.google.ca...
- Only 7% Of SEOs Don't Provide Ranking Reports
We polled our readers, mostly SEOs...
- Google's Soda Machine
Here is a picture of one of the Google fountain soda machines. Honestly, I always wanted one of these in my office - maybe one day. The picture was taken by Andrew Turner and posted on Flickr.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- About.com Study Shows: Three Mindsets Of Search, Cre8asite Forums
- Top 10 Retail SEO Mistakes UK Brands Are Still Making, Sphinn
- You Get What You Pay For With SEO, Just Like With Everything Else, Sphinn
- Doodle Deutschen Einheit, Google Blogoscoped Forum