Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Update Reports Again: September 12th
I've received a few emails, a bunch of tweets, plus I noticed new comments on our older posts and some updates in the WebmasterWorld thread that signifies a possible Google update rolling out this month. The chatter is there...
- Google: Unlinked URLs Use For Discovery But Not Ranking
I apologize for missing this a week ago, when I was sitting in the Google hangout where Google's John Mueller went on record that Google uses unlinked URLs or domains in body content as a way of discovering new content and pages. John Mueller...
- Google AdSense New Formats: Blue Circle Arrows & Cleaner Spaced Ads
Google is testing a new AdSense ad format. The new format has a whiter and cleaner feel, with blue circle enclosed arrows, with hover over animations that expand the ad. The old format had block arrows...
- Two Months Later, Google Alerts RSS Option Returns
Over two months ago, Google quietly dropped support for Google Alerts delivery via RSS/feed. It was believed that it was dropped because of the demise of Google Reader and that has not changed. What has changed is that the RSS/Feed delivery option has returned...
- Google AdWords New Ad Format Labeled "Ad"
Spotted by two of our readers, @adaircameron and @tecnonetblog, Google is showing a new ad format test for mobile AdWords ads. This one is interesting because it shows the ad as a normal search results listing...
- Google's Cutts: Hit By Panda? Then Write Better Content!
Matt Cutts, Google's head of search spam, posted a video on what to do if you think your site may have been impacted in a bad bad way by the Panda algorithm. In short...
- Google Mini Foosball Table
Stefan Keuchel, Google Germany's PR Manager, posted a picture on Google+ of a miniature Google foosball table. I am sure they have many normal size foosball tables at Google's various offices around
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 10 years Google Dublin I'm happy and proud to be part of…, Moritz Tolxdorff - Google+
- Google Reminds AdSense Publishers About Content and Copyright, WebmasterWorld
- Do links still help as much as they used to?, WebmasterWorld
- Google U.S. Streetview Privacy Case Seeks Class Action Status, WebmasterWorld
- Hangout on Air: Metrics that Matter, AdWords Community