Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Penalizes Link Networks In Europe & Germany Over Weekend
Yesterday morning, @gfiorelli1 notified me of that Google has "launched a massive amount of links manual penalization emails" specifically in Spain...
- Google AdWords Paintball & Other Dangerous Weapons Ban
In less than a month, Google will be banning the advertisement of airsoft guns, paintball guns, bb guns and gun scopes, ammunition, ammunition clips or belts in September. Google posted a preview of the change to their policy...
- Google Ranking Returns 30 Days After Domain Expired
A WebmasterWorld thread has a webmaster who was kind enough and not embarrassed enough to share he let a domain name of his expire, which resulted in his site being removed from Google and then a month of really bad rankings. He shared his story so that we can learn from it...
- Negative SEO Extortion Emails: Are Your Concerned?
As you may have heard, last week, many SEOs, including Dan Petrovic, Steve Webb and George Zlatin received extortion emails from an alleged SEO claiming they will perform negative SEO on their site if they do not pay up $1,500. The email starts off reading...
- Google Birthday Doodle Shows Your Age In Seconds
Google started showing personalized birthday Doodles to logged in users back in 2010. But one thing they promised was to never show your age in the Doodle. Well that has gone out the window...
- Google Yo Yo Ceilings
Richard Hay from Google posted a picture of Yo Yos hanging from ceilings at the GooglePlex. I am not sure which office this is exactly but it seems like they did this around 3pm on Saturday. Why? Not
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- The fight between Whitehat SEO and Blackhat SEO, labels and preying on ignorance : bigseo, Reddit.com
- Sorry, I caused some confusion ..., Twitter / dr_pete
- Why do you enable old browsers?, WebmasterWorld
- Is All SEO Unethical?, WebmasterWorld