Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Going HTTPS/SSL Will Now Give You A Ranking Benefit In Google
Google announced early this morning that they are now using SSL/HTTPS as a ranking signal in their Google search algorithm. The signal is incredibly weak and webmasters should not go crazy about it...
- Google Toolbar PageRank Hasn't Been Updated In 8 Months
It has been eight months and one day since the last toolbar PageRank update and the one before that was on February 4th, a 10 month wait time. Prior to that...
- Google's Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg & Alan Eagle Book: How Google Works
Google's top business leaders, Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg and Alan Eagle have teamed up to write a book about their experience in running Google over the years. The book is named "How Google Works" and the companion web site is at howgoogleworks.net...
- Google Webmaster/SEO Rank: Like Author Rank Or Site Authority
Greg, aka goodROI, asked in a WebmasterWorld thread if Google assigns an "SEO credit scores" to a webmaster or SEO...
- Google AdWords Says You Can Be Charged For Invalid Clicks When...
An advertiser posted in the Google AdWords Help forum a discussion he had with a Google AdWords representative about invalid clicks he was being charged for. He said...
- Google Parking Lot Fire
Yesterday, Google had the fire department stop by for a visit. They had a fire in their parking lot. Steve Grove from Google posted this awesome picture on Google+. He explained he thinks someone
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 25,000 Users Join Facebook Privacy Challenge, Similar to a "class action lawsuit", WebmasterWorld
- Doc Article On Seo Industry Ethics Proposal, Cre8asite Forums
- Offering users a great experience on your site and efficiently monetizing your…, Google+ - AdSense
- Participate in an upcoming Google usability study!, Google Web Search Help
- Unsubscribing simplified Email is a handy way to get updates from your favorite…, Google+ - Gmail