Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google + Referrals Drop 40% Or More?
Google + launched just about a month ago and early on, it was all the internet was talking about. To be perfectly honest, I still love it but it is not loving me as much. Google Plus is my number three referrer, beating out Facebook...
- Google Friends Newsletter Retires After 13 Years
After 13 years, the Google Friends Newsletter has been retired. The first newsletter was sent out by Google co-founder, Larry Page on April 29, 1998. The last one was sent out on July 29, 2011...
- Google Admits Bug Caused 60% Traffic Drop For Site
Imagine 60% of your traffic goes missing one day and most of that is because Google had a bug with their algorithm. One day you are getting a lot of traffic, paying your bills through ad dollars, and helping users find the content they need and then the next day...
- Google Hotel Search Tool
Last week, Google announced a new beta search tool named Google Hotel Finder. As I explained at Search Engine Land, the search features include Location Filters (with drawing shapes, dates for your stay, price point filters and hotel ratings & user rating filters...
- Former Ask.com Rep, Peter Linsley Featured In Google Video
I am so happy to see Peter Linsley, who is now a product manager for Google Image Search starring in a video about SafeSearch. Peter Linsley was a former Ask.com employee who really lead up much of their search division. When Ask.com failed at search...
- Google Wave Pool With Sergey Brin
Here is a picture taken of Sergey Brin this past Friday at the GooglePlex. They rented a wave pool and Sergey Brin, Google's co-founder, was one of the first to surf the wave pool.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- An Interview of Branko Rihtman (AKA: SEO Scientist), Sphinn
- Doodle Amalia Rodrigues, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- How Being “Friends” On Google+ Leads To Better Rankings, Sphinn
- SEO Techniques for Large Sites: How to Maximize Product Visibility in Organic Search, Sphinn
- How do I get my ads to run on mobile phones - Android phones, iphones, ipads etc? What should I do?, Google AdWords Help
- How Do They Rank So Highly?, HighRankings Forums
- Is it still correct that google news cannot indexed https sites and is there any plans to fix this bug?, Google News Help
- The Cat in The Hat Teaches SEO, Sphinn