Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google On Can You Redirect A Penalty To Another Site
Can you redirect a penalty to a new or different domain name? Let's say site A has a bad link penalty, either manual action or algorithmic issue. And you or a competitor decide to use a 301 redirect from site A to a site without a penalty (i.e. site B). Would site A's penalty cause site B to get a penalty also?
- Let Google Know About Your Negative SEO
A thread at Google Webmaster Help asks a question that goes unanswered for the most part, "Negative SEO. How can we let the Webmaster Team know?" How do you let Google know when you think you've been hit by negative SEO...
- Google HTTPS Everywhere: Why, How & SEO Implications
Google has published a video of the HTTPS Everywhere presentation on YouTube. The presentation was give by Pierre Far from the Google Webmaster team and Ilya Grigorik from the Google Developer team. The presentation was awesome because it was conversational and kept you interested...
- Google May Show A Right To Be Forgotten Removal Notice Without Removal Requests
Last week, Google began removing right to be forgotten requests from the EU search results page. Yea...
- Google I/O SEO Session
Google I/O wasn't all about wearable gadgets and mobile, it also covered some SEO topics. In fact, folks from the Google Webmaster team gave a presentation titled "Best Practice & Common Mistakes in S
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Managing Radical Changes in Sitemap - How will G see this?, WebmasterWorld
- Adsense Violation Delay, WebmasterWorld
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBOTS.TXT It's been quite a ride, 20 years old today. Thanks…, Google+ - John Mueller
- Panda soar and dump: 10 year old site re-penalised, WebmasterWorld