Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Preparing For Google's Over SEO Algorithm
Just about a month ago, Google's head of web spam, Matt Cutts announced Google is going to release a new algorithm to target overly SEO'ed sites to "level the playing field" for the rest of the web...
- 7% Of Searches Are Misspelled: Google AdWords To Change Match Type Settings
Google announced that in about 30 days from now, the way they handle AdWords match types for exact and phrase based matching will change...
- Google Places Bug Limits Search Results To 10
Google Places has an unusual bug, where they are only showing up to ten results for a local search query without the option to go to page 2 for an additional 10 results. For example...
- Now Really Test Your Google Rich Snippets
Google announced on the Google Webmaster Central blog that they have rolled out the product rich snippets globally to work in any language. So now no matter where you search and what language the site is in, if it has the product rich snippets and Google approved them...
- Social Block Heads
Brittany Chappell from B.Anne Photography posted a set of neat photographs on Flickr of people with social networking icons as blocks on their heads. They include Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, MySpace, g
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Periodic Google filter. Has someone else seen this?, WebmasterWorld
- Google's New Speed Index Metric Take a look at Google’s…, AJ Kohn - Google+
- Google looking for community managers in Madrid and…, laurence fontinoy - Google+
- Google Webmaster Tools message about upgrading Joomla, WebmasterWorld
- Is slowing down Googlebot with a custom crawl rate a good idea?, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo Q1 Posts $1,077 Million Revenue, 1pct Up, WebmasterWorld