Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Machine Learning For Spam Detection & Search Quality Is Coming
Google's Andrey Lipattsev, a Search Quality Senior Strategist, said yesterday at the 42:40 mark in the video, based on a question from Rand Fishkin, that Google is exploring using machine learning with web spam...
- Google: The Top Three Ranking Factors Are Content, Links & RankBrain
Surprise, surprise, the top three ranking signals in Google's search ranking algorithm is content, links and RankBrain. Not necessarily in that order, but content and links are more important ranking signals than RankBrain...
- Google vs. Moz On Clicks Influencing Search Ranking
The debate on whether Google is telling the truth about click data, i.e. pogosticking, clicking on a search result and jumping back to the search results page shortly after, influences the rankings of that search result is a topic that won't die...
- One Local SEO Got His 60 Clients Penalized In One Night
A Google My Business Help thread has a local SEO who is furious with Google that over 60 of his clients were suspended from Google My Business (the local maps listings) overnight because he manages all these clients in a single account...
- Google Madrid's Hammock
So yesterday I showed how Google can line up many hammocks for their employees to use and work with. Well, now Daniel Waisberg from Google shared a photo of the Google Madrid office with a single ham
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Shopping Ads Hangout on Air: GTIN requirement Providing GTINs is vital…, Google+ - Google Ads
- hreflang thought: if you deploy hreflang with pl-pl value, users from Poland will have a better experience. You could even say... Polished, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Would you dive into the deep end of a swimming pool if you didn’t know how to…, Google+ - Google Ads