Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Promises Changes With Not Provided
Danny Sullivan has the long article at Search Engine Land titled Google Reviewing "Not Provided," Withholding Keywords From Organic But Not Paid Search Clicks...
- Google: We're Not Launching Those Huge Banner Ads In Our Search Results
Remember last October when Google was testing huge banner ads in the search results for navigational-like queries...
- Google Concert Dates Now From Artist's Official Website
Over two years ago, Google released a new feature to show concert dates in the search results. Yesterday, Google announced that when possible, Google will pull those dates "directly from that artist's official website when they add structured data markup...
- Google's Cutts Confirmed That Author Authority Is Uses For In-Depth Articles
On Twitter, Google's Matt Cutts confirmed that Google uses a form of author rank or author specific authority in the in-depth articles ranking formula...
- That New Google Search Results Design Test You Didn't Like Is Now Officially Live
As expected, Google was testing a new design for some time now and now it is officially rolling out to everyone. Jon Wiley, the Lead Designer for Google Search...
- Google's Birthday Cake For World Wide Web
Chris Cathcart from Google posted a picture of the cake the Google Chefs put together yesterday for the birthday of the World Wide Web. If you did not know, yesterday was the 25th birthday of the cre
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- This is insane, Google, really - read the field description…, Scott Hendison - Google+
- Today's #webmasterspotlight is our YouTube channel, which…, Google Webmasters - Google+
- What the Web should be within the next 25 years, WebmasterWorld