Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- March 2012 Google Webmaster Report
It is that time of the month again, where we provide you a recap of the past months happenings in regards to Google & SEO related topics. An ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has a lot of nice nuggets on new things but this time...
- Google Engineer: It's Too Difficult To Offer Sites Dimension For Google AdSense For Search
You don't often hear Googlers say something is too "difficult" technically to implement but one implied that in the Google AdSense Help forums this weekend. Google AdSense engineer, Guillaume...
- Fanta-Fanta! They Hired An SEO
One of my favorite soft-drinks that I rarely have unless I travel to places like Israel is Fanta. So when I saw a forum thread at Google Webmaster Help.
- Google: Correlation Does Not Imply Causation In Search Rankings
Kaspar Szymanski, a Googler responsible for Webmaster Communication and spam prevention, said in a Google+ post that "correlation does not imply causation." Something many have said before, but heck...
- 17 - Yahoo Birthday Cupcakes
Yahoo turned 17 years old on Friday, I wrote about that on Friday. Since then, I've been spotting cupcakes for the birthday party on Friday from various Yahoo Flickr accounts. Here is one from
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Frenchman sues over Street View urin... photo, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Yelp Shares Surge In Early Trading, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Girl's day in Japan, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Google’s Web Search Quality. A picture is worth a 1000 words, Hacker News
- Ranking in SERP dropped right after getting mass links for unrelated keywords (victim of Google Bowling), Google Webmaster Help
- the lukewarm-linkers, WebmasterWorld