Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- 40 More Google Search Quality Updates From Google
As we have been writing about a lot this morning, Google announced 40 changes to search quality they made over the past month or so. This is an update from their 17 changes in January...
- Google: We Currently Do Not Support The Location Can Take A Week
About two weeks ago we reported about a potential bug in Google Places where business owners were receiving a message from Google that we currently do not support this location. The issue seems to still be there but it is more of a communications issue than a technical bug...
- Poll: Which Factor Did Google Turn Off For Link Evaluation?
As part of some of the 40 Google changes announced last night, Google said they made a change to how they evaluate links. Google wrote: Link evaluation. We often use characteristics of links to help us figure out the topic of a linked
- Confirmed: Google Panda 3.3
Google is currently running a Panda update, I believe it started sometime late Sunday night or early Monday morning. A 20 search quality changes post. Google said: This launch refreshes data in the Panda system, making it more accurate and more sensitive to recent changes on the web.
- Invalid XML Tag Warning In Google Webmaster Tools Geo Sitemaps
There are several reports in the Google Webmaster Help forums with bad errors on geo sitemaps. Webmasters are claiming that all of a sudden their geo sitemaps files are returning an "invalid XML tag" error in Google Webmaster Tools...
- Google Pinata
I spotted this Google Pinata on Flickr the other day. The picture is Jessica Murray and was likely taken at a conference in Chicago. Either way, if you are upset with your rankings, maybe this will
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- LinkedIn Now Adds 'Follow Company' Button, WebmasterWorld
- Google + HANGOUT for News Publishers Thursday 3/1, Google News Help
- Panda recovery - Change more or wait for a data refresh?, WebmasterWorld