Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Changes Penguin Messaging To "As Soon As It Is Ready"
All this back and forth on when Google will launch Penguin 4.0 is getting to everyone. Will it be Q1, why wasn't it in January or in 2015...
Truth is, Google is super awesome at getting into content that most search engine crawlers cannot find. GoogleBot is able to execute and run much...
- Google UK Canonical hreflang Duplicate Content Issue
Terence Mace spotted and posted on Twitter two of the same pages listed in the Google search results from Google because Google seems to have misconfigured their hreflang and canonicals. The query is done on Google.co...
- Google: We Don't Want To Clutter The Search Results With Too Many Rich Snippets
Zineb from Google posted on Twitter in French that Google doesn't want to clutter the search results with too many rich snippets. She said, "enfin, nous essayons de ne pas trop "encombrer" les SERPs avec trop de sites avec RS. Du coup...
- Google Adds One Click Verify For My Business Listings Through Search Console
In April 2014 Google began allowing webmasters to verify their Google My Business listings through the Google Search Console linkage. So if you had a verified web site in the Search Console...
- Another Facebook Wall In London
Last year we shared a picture of a Facebook wall or walls you can write on at the Facebook London office. Well here is another photo of a Facebook wall in London with stuff you can take onto the wall
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- An answer to "Why an arc of lakes?" TL;DR - it marks the edge of the Canadian…, Google+ - Dan Russell
- UK: Streetmap Loses "Anticompetitive" Case Against Google, WebmasterWorld
- Why are Google Alerts full of spam and fake links?, Google Web Search Help
- Exposing Google Loopholes, WebmasterWorld