Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Robots.txt Files Must Be Smaller Than 500KB
Google's John Mueller reminds webmasters on his Google+ page that Google has a limit of only being able to process up to 500KB of your robots.txt file. This is an important point, if you have a super heavy robots.txt file, and it is beyond 500KB...
- Did You Get Your Taxes From Google AdSense?
Google has begun sending out the 1099 tax forms to qualifying Google AdSense publishers last and this week. A WebmasterWorld thread has some publishers claiming they have received theirs. Not every publisher gets one. You have to be U.S...
- Google News Publishers Urged To Use Report An Update Form
A few days ago, Erik from the Google News team posted a thread in the Google News Help forums asking Google News publishers to please use the report an update form when making changes to their site...
- Google Rich Snippets Showing 3rd Party Results
A WebmasterWorld thread has someone noticing that Google is showing rich snippets under a site but those rich snippets are coming from a different set of sites, not from the listed site's source code. The search result is for [coldplay]...
- Yahoo Images Busts Your Framebusters Also
We know Google Images deploys framebuster busting techniques to prevent sites that use framebusters from sending the user directly to the site. Yahoo does something similar. For example, this picture of a flower on Yahoo Images is from flowershopsflowers...
- Bubbly Bing Drink
We had shown cans of the Bing energy drink, no relation to the Microsoft search engine, before. But we never showed what it looks like when it is poured into a glass. TheFoodJunk snapped a picture o
- Largest Snowflake World Record As A Google Logo
This is a bit weird for a Google logo but weird does not surprise me for Google. Today's Google logo celebrates the day of the sighting of the largest snowflake every spotted. Google says it is the world record for the largest observed snowflake...
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Files Clickjacking Lawsuit, WebmasterWorld
- Has the "Download Data for All Sites" Option Within Site Configuration Been Removed Completely?, Google Webmaster Help
- Report: Facebook May File For IPO As Early As Next Week, WebmasterWorld
- AdSense Contextual Targeting Has Changed, WebmasterWorld