Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 29, 2016
This week in search was a bit calmer as the search results didn't fluctuation as much in Google. Google's Matt Cutts explained why he thinks there was so much fluctuation in January...
- Google To Step Up Structured Data Support Over The Year
Google's John Mueller said in a Google Hangout this morning at the 55 minute mark saying that Google will be stepping up their efforts around structured markup throughout the year because it benefits them in how they understand a web page...
- Google: Valid HTML Not Required For Ranking But Can Hurt Structured Data & Mobile Friendliness
When Google updated their Webmaster Guidelines yesterday, one of the changed was changes was around valid HTML. Before it read...
- Google Sending Notifications Via Search Console To Go AMP
Google has begun sending webmasters and publishers notifications via the Google Search Console that they should begin looking to make AMP (accelerated mobile pages) for their news site. The notification says "implement accelerated mobile pages (AMP) for.....
- Google: Write Your Reconsideration Requests In Your Web Site's Native Language Or Else...
Gary Illyes of Google posted on Twitter tip about reconsideration requests. In short, if your web site is in Hebrew and you get a manual action notice...
- Google AdWords iOS App Officially Launches
In December, Google began beta testing the iOS AdWords app. It is now out of beta and you can download it from the App Store for free.
- Google Hangouts Pillow Selfie
Jack Fermon from Google shared a photo of himself taking a selfie with a Google Hangouts pillow. Looks cosy, don't you think? I have not seen a pillow take a selfie in some time now. He posted this
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- I need help to refresh an image in Google's cache, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft FY 2016, Q2 Revenue $25.7 Billion, Net Income $6.3 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- [Feb 9] Creative Remarketing with Top Contributor ..., The Google Advertiser Community