November was a busy month for Google. From the the Panda 3.1 update on the 18th to them announcing two shifts of algorithm udpates and changing their black bar to ads impacting rankings - we had a ton to discuss.
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has SEOs and webmasters tracking every hiccup at Google web search. The thread is discussing possible small tweaks to the Panda algorithm with webmasters noticing changes in rankings and GoogleBot activity in early December. Most of the discussion is around the Panda in the new thread.
In any event, to read last month's Google webmaster report, click here.
Here are the more important Google webmaster related stories we covered this past month:
- Google Panda 3.1 Update : 11/18
- Google: Fresher Images & Blog Results, Better Long Tail & Original Content Indexing
- Google's Ten Most Recent Search Display & Algorithm Updates
- Goodbye Black Google Bar, Welcome Google Drop Down Menu
- Google: Panda Goes Beyond Content Farms
- Google: Content Position & Ad Position Part Of Search Ranking
- Google Indexing & Displaying Images Within Universal Search Fast
- Google Images Removes Stolen Images
- Google Boasts Scraper Detection In Revised Duplicate Content Policy
- Google's Response On Browser Specific Cloaking
- HTML Tables Showing in Google Snippets
- Google Anchor Sitelinks With HTML Entities
- Are Big Brand Publishers Abusing Google News?
- Who Are Google Quality Raters?
- More On Google's Search Quality Raters Guide
- Google Literally Replaces + Operator With Verbatim Tool
- New Google Advanced Search Page Drops Links To Page
- Google News Doesn't Retain Search Query From Google.com
- Google Shares The Evolution Of Their Search Engine
- Google Doesn't Count Links They Do Not Trust
- Google's New Search iPad App Impresses
- Google + Comes To Google Places
- Google + Pages & Direct Search
- Goodbye Knol, Friend Connect, Wave, Gears & More
- Matt Cutts: Google Distinguished Engineer
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.