Yesterday I reported at Search Engine Land that Bing is testing a new user interface and design for their search results. I was able to see the new design yesterday but today, the new design is gone.
The new design is much more appealing to me. Things seem cleaner, more organized, tighter and just more fluid than the older the design.
Luckily I have pictures to show you.
New Design (click on it to enlarge):
Old Design (click on it to enlarge):
I was tipped off on this by Jason Hart who sent a detailed list of the changes:
- Vertical tabs removed
- Top and bottom search boxes widened
- Search button icon changed
- Several links removed from header
- Location information no longer displayed
- Icons used instead of text for rewards and preferences
- My smiling face added to the page instead of just my name
- Related searches moved from left rail to under the search box
Many people think it resembles Google's search results.
Forum discussion at Google+.