Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Paying AdSense Publishers Less & Less
Often when Google releases earnings, AdSense publishers try to extract how much share Google is paying them of the earnings. Ad you know, a publisher places an ad from Google on their site, the advertiser pays Google and then Google pays a share of that to the publishers. Looking at Google's earnings, you can somewhat figure out how much share publishers make. Always, keep in mind, certain publishers likely get special arrangements. Labnol posted the
- Google A Month Early On Kuwait's National Day
Google had a Doodle slip up this morning, as first reported by Michel. Google posted the National Day logo on Google Kuwait this morning. It was live for over five hours before anyone reported it. The issue is, it was posted a month prior to the official National Day of Kuwait, which takes place February 26th. Here is the logo: Google took down the logo about 15 minutes after TechCrunch posted the story. There were
- Google Treats Punycode Domains As Unicode (Japanese Domains)
A Google Webmaster Help thread has discussion around Japanese domains and how Google may treat them. Honestly, I know very little about this topic, so I hope I do justice to this thread. Example of Punycode domains versus Unicode: Unicode - http://ã‚¢ã‚¢ã‚¢ã‚¢ã‚¢.comPunycode - http://xn--cckg5dfdwc.com Google said, for "domain names in Punycode are equivalent to their Unicode versions." There may be an issue with PageRank being displayed in the Punycode version in the Google Toolbar, but
- New Google AdWords API Client Libraries Available
Over the past week, Google has released new client libraries for the AdWords API. The new libraries are available in Java, PHP, Python, .NET, and Ruby. They contain bug fixes, unit tests, and enhancements. Here are links to the new libraries: Java: code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-java/PHP: code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-php/"Python: code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-python-lib/.NET: code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-dotnet/Ruby: code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-ruby/ If you run into any issues or have questions, you can submit them over here. Forum discussion at AdWords API Forum.
- Some Google News RSS Subscriptions Not Validating?
The Google News Help forums has a couple of reports that Google News RSS feed is not working properly. Some are complaining they cannot subscribe to Google News searches and some are complaining they are not validating properly. I know that my tests seem to work just fine and I am able to subscribe to Google News searches via Google Reader. However, when I plug in those RSS URLs into FeedValidator.org, the feeds are not
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing's IIS SEO Toolkit, WebmasterWorld
- Content Farms - The Who, What and Why, Sphinn
- Huge List of SEO Resources for Beginners, Search Engine Watch Forums
- Cleaning Up Your Bot Garbage, HighRankings Forums
- Considering "Mobile Friendly" version of my main site, Google Webmaster Help
- How to sign into a linked YouTube-Google Account, Google YouTube Help
- Mahalo SEO Spam Case Study by SEO book.com, Sphinn
- Resetting your password with a linked YouTube - Google Account, YouTube Help
- Why isn't Google Directory showing newly-added site names properly?, Google Webmaster Help