Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- AdSense Rejections Over "Difficult Site Navigation"
I cannot tell you how many sites I find on the web with Google AdSense ads where it is almost impossible to detect the difference between the site's navigation and the ads. They are so blended together that often the AdSense link units look exactly like the navigation links on the site. Why is this done? Well, to increase a site's click through rate and earnings on those ads - to make the company more
- Blocking Google Sitelinks Can Take Two Weeks Or More
A Google Webmaster Help thread informs us that Google can take about two weeks to remove a blocked Sitelink from showing up in the search results. Google's JohnMu said: A change like this can take two weeks or a bit longer, depending on the site and on other factors. I would certainly give it a bit more time :-). Please let us know if you don't see it disappear by next week or so, but
- Got Multiple Listings in Google's Local Business Center? Don't Delete Any
I spotted this old thread at Google Maps Help that has very useful information and yet, we have not covered it (go figure). In short, the thread goes through the possibility of having a single business listed in your Google Local Business Center console multiple times. The questions are: (1) Do you delete the repetitive listings? (2) If so, which ones? (3) If not, do you make sure they are in sync with each other?
- Turkey Upset With Google Over Green Colored Republican Day Doodle?
A thread at Google Web Search Help has a person from Turkey who is saying that him and many of his friends are happy that Google has a Doodle on Google Turkey for Republic Day, but they are upset it is green and not red. This person explained: Google is my homepage and when i opened my browser today i saw that Google arranged a special logo for Republican day. Its really nice but my
- Why Don't I See 'Find Similar Images' in Google Yet?
It has been just about two days since Google announced they have graduated the find similar images features from labs to the main Google Image Search. But even now, I do not see it. I see it on similar-images.googlelabs.com but not on images.google.com. I tried Safari, Firefox, logging in and out - but no luck. The feature is really nice and fun to play with but can you get to it? Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- Google Maps Navigation Makes iPhone Users & Others Jealous of Droid
The big news the other day was on the Google Maps Navigation for the new Android 2.0 OS which will run first on the Verizon Wireless Droid starting November 6th for $199 with a contract. Android is not as 'sexy' as the iPhone, but the Google Maps Navigation tool is an extremely 'sexy' application that make iPhone users drool. Just take a look at this video demo: Heck, it makes me want to buy my
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Eric Schmidt on What the Web Will Look Like in 5 Years, WebmasterWorld
- 5 Useful Reverse Domain IP Checking Tools, Sphinn
- All sites down in Google rankings at the same time, WebmasterWorld
- Canonicalization which option over rides the other?, Google Webmaster Help
- Current bug: playlists not accessible from channel page, YouTube Help
- Server error when attempting to insert a video, Google Docs Help
- URL redirects via Google stats incorrectly encodes semicolons (URL parameters), Google Webmaster Help
- Yahoo Flushes Million$ Down The Drain, Sphinn