Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Yom Kippur 2009 & Blog Programming Note: 9/28/09
Tonight is Yom Kippur, one of the most sacred days of the year for Jews. To learn more about the day, just go to Wikipedia. Because of the day, I personally will not be blogging here or anywhere on Monday, September 28th. We may have Ben and Chris come out of hiding and do some expert posts. But that is up to them. I have already posted about five articles, today, Sunday, to make sure
- Google's New Keyword Tool Unveils Mobile Search Volume
Last week, we discovered a new beta Google keyword tool that was way more advanced than the current one and which will ultimately replace the current one. Besides for all the nice new reports and cooler interface, with advanced filters and segmentation. Advertisers seem to be really excited about Google breaking out the mobile search volume from standard search volume. Here is a screen shot of the mobile filter: Yes, mobile searches is growing and
- Google to Sprinkle Ads All Over Google Maps?
The Sydney Morning Herald reports "in the coming weeks Google will put logos for fast food chains, coffee shops, hotels and travel agents on its popular maps site." A WebmasterWorld thread has one member asking if this is just going to be tested in Australia or in the US also. He said: It appears that this is going to expand out the icons use in Austrialia on Google Maps, but it's not clear that they
- Google AdWords Banning Advertisers For Multiple "Poor Quality Landing Pages"
Threads at both WebmasterWorld and Google AdWords Help report that many advertisers are getting automated emails from Google with notifications or warnings that they have submitted too many "poor quality landing pages" and will be or have been permanently banned from using Google AdWords as an advertisers. The email notification looks like this: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended due to multiple submissions of poor quality landing pages. We are unable to revoke your
- Google Double LL Logo? Nope. Google's 11th Birthday Today
There are tons of people who are confused about the Google logo today. Most people think it is a double L but they are 1s, two 1s for 11 or eleven. Yes, today, Google is celebrating their 11th Birthday. Here is the logo or doodle: Why so much confusion? Well, I am not sure but see just some of the threads with people asking for clarification. GOOGLLE, Google Web Search HelpDont have URL just the
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: September 25, 2009
Yahoo launched a new search interface along with a brand campaign. Google AdWords is testing a new keyword tool, which is extremely advanced compared to the current one. AdWords advertisers were hit with a "low share of voice" notice. Google has confirmed new AdSense arrows and I see them. Some AdSense publishers are unable to login to their accounts. Did you know, Google doesn't use meta keywords? Did you see the new deeper Sitelinks
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Microsoft’s adCenter GM & Search Researcher Eric Brill Moves To eBay, WebmasterWorld
- Almost nothing a competitor can do to harm your ranking, WebmasterWorld
- Google including pages with garbage after question mark, WebmasterWorld
- Google's Schmidt Says It's Back On The Acquisition Trail, WebmasterWorld
- How to use X-Robots-Tag to remove sitemap.xml from SERPs?, WebmasterWorld
- Pornographic Image Appears When I Search for Holocaust Video, Google Web Search Help
- Search Engine With Emphasis On Psychology, HighRankings Forums