The 31st edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. In this show we chatted about Google's new Universal Search approach. Microsoft is set to buy Chris Boggs' company, Avenue A/Razorfish. Google is shutting down AdSense arbitrage MFAs. Google launched hot trends, and we also talked about SEO, linking, anchor text, ip stuff and 301 redirects. Plus we discussed other stories involving Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and Live.com. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz). You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
You can listen to the MP3 file with our new player directly below:
Topics We Covered:
- Google Revamps Search Results Landscape with Universal Search
- Microsoft Acquires Ad Company aQuantive for $6 Billion
- Google To Shut Down AdSense Arbitrageurs
- Google Trends Releases "Hot Trends" Tool
- Should You Focus on the "Small Stuff" in SEO?
- Ethical Linkbait: When Have You Crossed the Line?
- Does Google Split or Stem Anchor Text?
- How Important is the IP Address for SEO?
- Can Too Many 301 Redirects Hurt Your SEO Efforts?
- Is Yahoo! Autos Cloaking?
- Why I Like The Google Co-op Custom Search Engine
- Google Custom Search Engines Will Not Have Universal Results
- Pages Ranking Poorly in Yahoo Search But Well in Google?
- Google Adds Bergy, Wysz & Pat To Google Webmaster Help Forums
- Did Yahoo! Search Marketing's New Shorter Descriptions Hurt Your Sales?
- Google AdWords Now Bolding Keyword Variations in Google.com
- Microsoft adCenter To Launch Accreditation Program
- Google AdSense Speaks Up on Proxy Sites
- Google AdSense Team: It's Not Okay to Encourage Clicking of Ads for Charity
- How Can Yahoo! Publisher Network Terminate My Account?
- Google Offers AdWords Advertisers a Preview Tool for Mobile Google Ads
- Google Maps Allows You to Search Your Neighborhood
- How To Allow Google News To Index Your Subscription Only Source?
- Optimizing Your Videos to be Included in Google.com Web Results
- June Search Conference Update: SMX Seattle, SES Toronto & SES Latino
- New Tag Cloud at Search Engine Roundtable: Should Tag Clouds be Blocked from Search Engines?
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
We should be having a show this Tuesday night at 5pm (EST) on WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.