This week, I cover the major penalty Google dished out for advertorials and link buying. Google's Matt Cutts explained what dilution means with 301 redirects. Google is appending the brand in front of some titles in the search results. Google is testing hiding the search box. Google is also testing showing your calendar events in the search results. Your image traffic from Google may have dropped off tremendously in the past month. Google may have a bug with Chrome that can lead to your AdSense account to be banned. Some AdSense units may show a lot of white space. Google pushed out a new AdWords editor. Google now has Google Offer extensions in AdWords. Don't do a search for "do a…" in Google. Yahoo celebrates her 18th birthday today. We remembered Adam Lasnik, mini-Matt Cutts. Anne Wojcicki was caught by TMZ wearing Google Glass, that is Google's Sergey Brin's wife. Google has a cubatron in their office now. Finally, I talk briefly about the issue with search conferences and women. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Dishes Out Widespread Penalties For Advertorials
- Matt Cutts: 301 Redirects Dilute PageRank Equally To Normal Links
- Google Appending Brand In Front Of Search Results Title
- Google's Search Box Going Away
- Google Calendar Events In Google Search Results
- Google Image Search Traffic Drops 80% Since Redesign
- Google Chrome Bug With Rel=Next Can Lead To An AdSense Ban
- Google AdSense White Space Issue
- Google AdWords Editor 10
- Google Offers Push Within AdWords Via Offer Extensions
- Try Searching Google For [Do A...]
- Yahoo's 18th Birthday
- Where's Mini-Matt (Cutts) Adam Lasnik Now?
- Anne Wojcicki, Google's Co-Founders Wife, On TMZ With Google Glass
- Google Now With A Cubatron
- Women Are The Building Blocks Of The SEO Industry