The 39th edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. Chris had a new baby girl, congrats Chris! In this show, Ben and I chatted about the big October paid link debate and noticed that most SEOs won't stop buying link. Yahoo's Site Explorer tool is having some major quirks. Google Webmaster Tools has new features including Sitelinks management, now with 8 Sitelinks. There was a Google link and PageRank update. Ben talked about duplicate content issues. We discussed Google's improvements with proxy hijacking. Yahoo enabled blocked domains. Google has a duplicate URL issue still. The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz).
You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- The October 2007 Paid Link Debate
- Will SEOs Stop Buying Links in Light of the Risks?
- Yahoo Site Explorer Showing Different Counts For Registered vs. Non-Registered Users
- Yahoo Search Showing Less Links in Site Explorer?
- Is the Yahoo Site Explorer API Broken?
- Google Webmaster Central Gets Updated with Sitelinks and More
- See 8 Google Sitelinks in Action
- Google Webmaster Link Tool October 2007 Update
- Google Webmaster Tools Link Update More Frequent?
- Google Toolbar PageRank Update (October 2007)
- Who Is Better At Finding Duplicate Content?
- Has Google Fixed the Proxy Hijack Problem? Google.com Cleaner
- Yahoo Enables Blocked Domains Feature For Advertisers
- Google.com Showing Same URL on Page One & Two of Search Results
- Google Says Spam Links Can't Hurt You; Again
- Google Clarifies its Stance on Hidden Text
- How To Ask GoogleBot (Google) To Crawl Your Site
- How Old Are Typical Google AdSense Publishers?
- Google and Ask Offline Advertising: Billboard Style
- Google Pays Out AdSense Publishers 77% Of Earnings
- Microsoft adCenter to Add Daily Budget Feature
- Google Launches Video AdSense Units But Doesn't Enable the Feature
- How To Set Up Google AdSense Video Units Via YouTube
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool Rolls Out New Features
- Ask.com's "Can Your Search Engine Do This?" Commercial A Knock On Google?
- Microsoft Doesn't Allow Ads with the Number "69"
- Google AdSense Makes Publishers to Wait for Referral Earnings
- Yahoo Reporting Error: Advertisers Reports Showing Charges in Millions
- China Mad at America, Sends Search Traffic from Google, Yahoo & Microsoft to Baidu
- More Inappropriate Nude Images Found on Google News Home Page
- New Features Added to Google Analytics, Urchin 6.0 Coming
- Search Marketing Expo 2007 New York Recap
Tune in next week on Tuesday, 5pm (EST) at WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.