Last week Tamar wrote about How to Stop Googlebot from Crawling Your Site Rapidly, so I thought I write about the opposite. How can you induce GoogleBot into crawling your site.
Although there is no magic shot that guarantees inducement of the crawl you can always increase your chances of that crawl in a few ways.
- Submit a Sitemap file to Google Webmaster Tools
- Make sure you have plenty of links pointing to your site from pages that are already in the Google index
- Build out a real sitemap for users
- Make sure you have a search engine friendly site
- Increase the crawl rate at Google Webmaster Tools to "Faster"
I am sure there are many other ways to help induce a crawl, but here are just a few good ways to do it.
Forum discussion at DigitalPoint Forums.