Google's Site Operator Shows Sites Off Domain

Sep 12, 2006 • 7:29 am | comments (3) by twitter Google+ | Filed Under Google Search Engine
 

I received an email from the fine folks over at the Alacra Blog asking Is Google [site:] command broken? I did my own tests and it seemed fine when I tested it, but they had proof, an image with the results showing external sites, domain names, for a search conducted at Google.com, using the site: command properly.

At first, I thought it was just possibly his computer, maybe some weird spyware, but now I see it was more wide spread.

A WebmasterWorld thread accounts for the same thing by a dozen other users.

The thing is, the problem seems to be have lingering since September 6th and as you can see the thread is still getting activity and the blog post with the image, was posted on the 10th. So there seems to be sporadic issues, the linger, with the Google site command.

Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.

Previous story: Yahoo! Publisher Network Ads Still Have Accessibility Issues
 

Comments:

Matt Cutts

09/12/2006 05:04 pm

I think I commented on this in a comment over on my blog--I think once the supplemental results folks saw this happen, they quickly fixed it. The screenshot you mention has the search [site:alacrastore.com voxant] and doing that search now looks fine; everything is from alacrastore.com. Aha, here it is: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/video-crawl-dates-in-the-google-cache/#comment-83727 "TxRex, they’re aware of this and it’s not a huge deal, but the supplemental results team is fixing it as we speak." So it was reported a few days ago. Let me know if you see any other examples like that--thanks Barry!

Haochi

09/12/2006 08:27 pm

There's a lot, actually. It happens once in a while when I use the site: operator.

bilal uzun

10/12/2008 12:35 am

can you please contact me this is my mail bilal_uzun84@hotmail.com

blog comments powered by Disqus