Was an interesting month in terms of Google webmaster SEO related content. We had Panda start being more of a rolling update, Google talk about the next generation Penguin update and squash a couple link networks. Google penalized BBC and accidentally removed Craigslist from their index. We saw porn in the knowledge graph and more.
The ongoing WebmasterWorld thread has normal ranking flux chatter, with people talking about ups and downs in ranking, spikes in crawl rates and the norm. You can also read last months report over here.
Here is a recap of the past month:
- Google Panda Goes Into Hiding: No More Official Confirmations
- Google's Final Manual Panda Refresh Here? #25
- Google's Panda Update Graduates To Rolling Update
- Google Easter/April Fools 2013 Update?
- Google's Cutts: Next Generation Penguin Update Will Be Big
- Coming Soon: The Google Merchant Quality Algorithm
- Google Stops Indexing Craigslist; Matt Cutts Fixes
- Google Admits To Penalizing The BBC, But Only Granularly
- Google News Gets Serious About Quality Guidelines
- Google's Common Mistakes In Smartphone Web Sites
- Google On Using Other Languages On The Same Page
- More Verification Controls With Google Webmaster Tools
- Google: Sorry We Accidentally Penalized Your Site
- Beware: Google To Squash Another Link Network Very Soon
- Google's Cutts: Buying Links Doesn't Hurt???
- Squidoo Now NoFollows Their Outbound Links
- SEO Inc's Link Removal Requests
- First Case Of Porn In Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Testing Cache/Similar Drop Down Links More
- Google Search Now Orange & Blue (A Test)
- HTML Entities In Google Snippets Still May Work
- Google Search Within Test
- Find Animated GIFs With Google Image Search
- Most SEOs Feel Google Gives Brands Preferential Treatment
- 60% Of SEOs Not Worried About Using Mass No Index
- 54% Say Google Indexes New Sites Within A Week
- 12% Say Social Has No Influence On Google Rankings
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.