This week in search, I covered that Google may be prepping for their next EMD, exact match domain, penalty. Google admitted that there was a bug that preventing ProtonMail from ranking in search. Google promised to release more detailed recommendations for the mobile-first index. Google’s mobile interstitial penalty scares Shabbat observers. Google’s popular times for venues goes real-time. Google expanded their app indexing for personal content. Google AMP got a new look in the snippets. Google hotel listings now show an AMP carousel. Google local business schema requires image and price ranges now. Bing lets you save images, videos and shopping results for later. Wix is challenging the SEO community to rank for SEO hero, offers $50,000 prize. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google On The Hunt For Spammy Exact Match Domains (EMDs)
- Google Admits A Bug In Search Hurt Gmail's Competitor ProtonMail?
- Google Promises More Mobile First Index Webmaster Recommendations
- Shabbat Observers & The Google Interstitials Mobile Penalty
- Google Popular Times For Venues Shows Real Time Data
- Google Expands App Indexing For Personal Content To All Android Developers
- Google AMP Search Results Snippet Banner - Lightning-Fast Experience
- Google AMP Hotel Listing Carousel Live In Mobile Results
- Google LocalBusiness Schema Now Requires Image & priceRange Fields
- Bing Lets You Save Shopping, Images Or Video Search Results For Later
- Wix Challenges SEOs To Outrank Them For SEO Hero