This week in search news we covered our monthly Google recap, which is really a must read. Google unleashed their Penguin 2.1 update and many webmasters claim they were hit. SEOs are talking about ways to adapt to the Google Hummingbird algorithm. Google Alerts may now be working better. Matt Cutts said you shouldn't expect a PageRank update this year. Google says original content on product descriptions are really not that important. Google added TV episodes to the knowledge graph. Google's knowledge graph now shows connections and relationships. Google Maps now added multiple destinations and Google Now like predictive results. Google AdWords is getting a redesigned logo and advertiser console. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- October 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Unleashes Penguin 2.1
- Google Penguin 2.1 Was A Big Hit
- SEOs Adapt To Google's Hummingbird Algorithm
- Google Alerts Perk Up After Hummingbird Launch?
- Google's Matt Cutts: No PageRank Update Before 2014
- Google On Original Content Related To Product Descriptions
- Google Adds TV Episodes To Knowledge Graph
- Google Bakes In Knowledge Graph With Bacon Number
- Google Maps Drives In More Predictive Search
- See The New Google AdWords Console Design & Logo