This week we reported about some Google Panda update speculation and Google told us there was no update. Google's Matt Cutts said he'd like to discount infographic links. He also said that 2-3 sentences of unique content on city specific landing pages should be good enough. John from Google said aggregated statistics on a landing page is not good enough. Have bad links pointing to a specific page, then 404 that page. Google added crawl error alerts to Webmaster Tools. Google is testing tabbed sitelinks. An SEO study claims those who keep up SEO see 18% increase in top rankings and those who drop it see a 30% drop in top rankings. Bing says ranking data is good only to explore SEO tactics. I migrated to a new Google+ account and shared my experience with it. Finally, check out the easter egg on Google by searching Conway's Game of Life on Google. That was this past week in the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda 3.9 Refresh Rumors
- Google: Infographic Links To Be Discounted
- Google: 2-3 Sentences Of Unique Content Is Enough
- Google: Aggregated Statistics Is Not Great Content
- Want To Disavow Links In Google Now? 404 The Target Page
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Adds Crawl Error Alerts
- Google Officially Testing Tabbed Sitelinks
- Study: Stopping SEO Leads To 30% Drop In Top Rankings
- Bing: Ranking Data Good For Measuring SEO "Tactics"
- I Migrated My Google+ Account: Now What?
- Conway's Game of Life On Google