A WebmasterWorld thread has discussion around a possible Google Panda update.
This would be version 3.9 and happening only a little over 2 weeks after the last update, Google Panda 3.8.
There are SEOs and webmasters claiming recoveries from previous Panda damage and other webmasters claiming major drops in their rankings. Because some webmasters who were hit by Panda are claiming recoveries, this seems to be a Panda related update and not a Penguin update.
To be honest, I am not sure if this is indeed a real update. There is a nice number of posts in the forums but not typical levels of a Panda or Penguin refresh.
I will reach out to Google for a comment and update this post when I hear back.
Past Panda Updates:
- Panda 3.8 on June 25th
- Panda 3.7 on June 9th
- Panda 3.6 on April 27th
- Panda 3.5 on April 19th
- Panda 3.4 on March 23rd
- Panda 3.3 on about February 26th
- Panda 3.2 on about January 15th
- Panda 3.1 on November 18th
- Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
- Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
- Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
- Panda 2.5 on September 28th
- Panda 2.4 in August
- Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
- Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
- Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
- Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
- Panda 1.0 on February 24th
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
Update: Google said there was no specific update.