This week in search, I covered how Google totally killed off the Toolbar PageRank feed. I also covered that Gary Illyes said the next Penguin update may be Google’s last. Should Google penalize themselves over the Google Play Podcast email they sent out? Google said even if you recover from a manual action, an algorithm may be holding you back. Google launched their new Smartphone user agent Googlebot. Google’s Gary Illyes said don’t worry too much about page speed. Google used disqus comments for a featured snippet. Google seems to have blocked another UTF-8 title tag snippet hack. Google Maps is showing ads in the local finder. Google then told AdWords advertisers that Google Maps is now part of core search and thus the ads will show there too. Google AdWords added order IDs to help slow duplicated conversions. Google added a keyword label field to the AdWords Report Editor. Google News launched AMP pages. Google said sites registered with Google Search Console are more likely to fix their hacks. Google is testing trending searches in auto-suggest/auto-complete. Google Analytics launched an awesome new iOS and Android app. Google posted an Earth Day logo this morning and a Prince, Purple Rain logo last night. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Fully Turns Off Feed To Toolbar PageRank
- Google: The Next Penguin Update May Be The Last
- Should Google Penalize Google Play Podcasts For Link Schemes?
- Google: Recover From A Manual Action? You Still May Have To Recover From An Algorithmic Penalty
- Android GoogleBot Smartphone User-Agent Did Go Live This Week
- Google: Don't Worry Too Much About Page Speed
- Google Displaying A Featured Snippet From User Generated Comments
- SEOs Experiment To Make Titles Stand Out In Google
- Google Maps Testing Local Finder Ads
- Google To AdWords Advertisers: Google Maps Is Now Part Of Core Search
- Google AdWords Order IDs Now In AdWords Conversion Tags For Better Conversion Metrics
- Keywords Label Field Now In Google AdWords Report Editor
- Google News Now AMP Ready
- Sites Registered In Google Search Console Are Much More Likely To Fix Compromised Sites
- Google Testing Trending In Search Auto-Complete
- Google Analytics iOS App Gets New Look, Better Sharing, Customized Reports & More
- Google's Purple Rain Doodle For Prince Music