Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Disavow Links Aggressively
Google's Matt Cutts released another video this one tries to answer how to remove a penalty for bad link building over a period of time...
- Google+ To Power Google +Post Ads For Display Network
Google announced on Google+ yesterday a new form of display ad powered through Google+ named +Post Ads. In short, +Post ads allow a brand to take their public Google+ content, photos, videos or Hangouts...
- Facebook's News Feed Gets It's Own Google Panda Algorithm
A week or so ago, Facebook announced changes to the news feed algorithm...
- Google Maps Wants You To Create Street View Images
Google announced that they want you all to create their street view photos for them using photo spheres...
- Mobile Google News Updated
Google announced on the Google News blog that the mobile version of Google News is now updated for Android and iOS devices. The new look aims at giving users the ability to scan the news quicker and with more options...
- Google Holiday Party GIF
Vic Gundotra, Google's Senior Vice President of Social, posted an animated picture of the Google holiday party that took place Sunday night at the GooglePlex, I believe. Here is a smaller version of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Improving performance by reducing domain sharding:…, Ilya Grigorik - Google+
- Google employee shouts down protesters as they block private Google shuttle, Hacker News
- Google To Swallow Tours & Activities Ticketing Market?, WebmasterWorld
- Index page linking... is lack of keyword home links hurting?, WebmasterWorld