Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Geo-Location Is Not Spam
In a recent video by Google's Matt Cutts, he said that geo-location is not spam. Cloaking and showing GoogleBot content that you wouldn't show users, is spam. But showing geo-location based content to users, while showing that content to GoogleBot...
- Google Maps Drives In More Predictive Search
Google announced new features being added to the new version of Google Maps. The big announcement is a yawn because the old version of Google Maps had this...
- Google Search Date & Country Filter Bug?
A Google Web Search Help thread has one searcher doing research on European Central Bank (ECB) content within Ireland...
- See The New Google AdWords Console Design & Logo
Google is about to launch a new AdWords logo and design for the AdWords advertising console. There are a select number of advertisers who are currently seeing the new interface and posting screen shots of it on Twitter & Google+...
- AndroidLand Grand Opening In India
Google's Guneet “LifeDrops” Singh, a Consumer Marketing representative, posted pictures of the grand opening of one of the AndroidLand stores in India yesterday. He posted some pictures of this openi
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Acquisition, Channels, Overviews: Ga Replaces Good Kw Info With Crappy Bs, Cre8asite Forums
- Make the Most of Mobile, AdWords Community
- Penalty revoked! Should I continue the fight or become a fisherman?, Google Webmaster Help